Friday, February 27, 2009

Changing things up


I wanted a new look for our room but I didn't want to pay for a new bedroom set. So Jeremy agreed to help me. We made our headboard out of WaynesCoating and I stained it. We just mounted it to the wall and I painted our old lamps and shades to match. I plan on restaining our other pieces to match. It has been fun and really inexpensive. I did buy the night stands with a gift card and money from my birthday. But the whole grouping cost about $200. I will be changing out the hardware on the other pieces about $50, so a whole new (to me) bedroom will cost $250 instead of $2000. I am so excited and I am having fun. I am glad my hubby is being so patient with my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Deanna,
    What a great job you all did on your bedroom furniture. The color of the paint on the wall looks fantastic with the "new" furniture. I loved the photos of the kids swimming in the pool. The water looked so amazing.
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks great. Not only are you blessed with talent in photography but also interior decoratting. I am impressed. I can't help but think of the show "Design on a Dime". You go girl. Shirl

    ReplyDelete